Dinosaurs fascinate us all as children and continue to long into adulthood. Is there anyone who wouldn’t take the chance to go back to the Jurassic era and explore in a safe environment? A chance to get up close with those fantastic creatures we now only see remnants of. Well, soon we can thanks to Snail Games, Peacock Studios, and the world of Ark: Survival Evolved. Today Snail and Peacock Studios announced Ark Park and released details about this awesome VR experience.
Ark Park is a virtual reality game which allows visitors to navigate through immersive Jurassic era biomes and encounter dinosaurs. Players will be able to explore tropical rainforests, swamps, snow-covered mountains, and tall treetops, and more. At the same time, these biomes are all home to over 100 dinosaurs from the Ark: Survival Evolved universe. Studio Wildcard, who created Ark: Survival Evolved, will be creative consultants with directors Peacock Studios on Ark Park.
In addition to over 100 dinosaurs from the Ark world and amazing landscapes, visitors will have multiple modes of transport to explore with. Similarly to Jurassic Park, the journey begins in a visitor center and from there visitors can go on Excursions to different biomes. Moreover, these excursions can be played solo or with friends and the experience doesn’t end there.
Have no doubt, Ark Park is no mere expansion on those dinosaur VR demos. Above all, developers are here to entertain and that means rewarding players of Ark: Survival Evolved and Ark: Scorched Earth, as well as giving new players loads to do. Dinosaurs can be imported into Ark Park’s Petting Zoo where they can be fed, petted, and cosmetics can be changed. Furthermore, players will be able to learn while playing making this a game the whole family can enjoy. For instance, players can use Gene Cubes to learn facts about dinosaurs including vital stats and the difference between Ark and real-world species.
Ark Park VR Game Features
- Visitors can go on single-player or multi-player Excursions on foot, dino-back, or in a vehicle.
- Visitors can collect gene of dinosaurs with Gene Cubes including animals like the Dodo.
- Craft Ark tools, lures, and weapons to aid in the collection of Gene Cubes.
- Different dinosaurs will be more difficult to collect Gene Cubes from.
- Some situations will require puzzle solving, action skills, resource management, and exploring.
- Snap Mode is a feature where visitors can snap pictures for bonus points.
- Ark Park has a selfie stick for snap those crazy solo moments for bonus points.
All things considered, this will be a welcome addition to gamer’s VR choices and a fun game on any day. Expect to see Ark Park hitting top VR brands HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and PlayStation VR in 2017.