Purchase and furnish your very own home in Elder Scrolls Online
The long-awaited Homestead patch for the Elder Scrolls Online is finally arriving. The player housing system is included free with ESO’s next major game update.
Owning your own slice of Tamriel will soon be a reality. With nearly 40 unique homes available for purchase throughout Tamriel in the major zones – not DLC zones. It’ll be easy to find a safe haven for you and your characters.
The housing system includes furniture crafting and robust home decoration options. Over 2,000 furniture and decoration items are available at launch, allowing every player to make their homes truly unique. Some homes even feature an outdoor area for you to decorate and make your own. Each home is styled after the game’s 10 playable races, with the option to come furnished or unfurnished. Purchase any style of home you like, regardless of your character’s race. The Imperial-styled homes, however, require the Imperial Edition download.
There’s no place like home after a long day of adventuring.
Personalize your home with tons of unique decorations and host parties!
The developers have really gone all out on the wide range of furniture and decorative items to personalize your home. Just some of the furnishings include tables, chairs, beds, chests, armoires and much more. Once the furniture is placed, add even more customization such as books, food, lighting, plants etc. It doesn’t stop there, though, you can go one further and place your mount, pets, and other functional items. Hire assistants, establish crafting stations throughout your home, place skeletons for target practice and even host your own parties!
Some of the additional details, which is listed here on the official announcement post:
– Homes are completely instanced.
– A full preview of the home is available before you buy.
– You will be able to allow friends and guildmates to visit your home.
– Grant trusted friends permission to decorate existing placed items in your home.
– You can also allow those who are not on your friend’s list or in your guilds to visit and/or decorate your home by adding them as a “Visitor” or “Decorator” in your House Settings.
– Conveniently fast travel to your home by the world map, just like a Wayshrine.
– Your friends can visit by teleporting to you in your home.
– Homes are secure – other players are not able to break into homes and steal items. Sorry, Thieves Guild!
The “Homestead” update for Elder Scrolls Online releases sometime February 2017. Start hoarding everything you come across in your travels to decorate your home with!